Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday's Five: oh my what happened?

So I guess this might be my first actual rant...unless of course you count all the complaining about snow and winter (which by the way reappeared yesterday for awhile and then melted, and is back again this morning...is it ever going to end??? Yeeesh).

day after the stitches

The subject of previously said rant, is the ongoing questioning of what happened to my son's eye brow...or rather the scar that is just above his eye brow.  You may remember about a month and a half ago I briefly mentioned that Liam had an unfortunate accident with a bookcase, basically that's all I said because I was still feeling like an inadequate mother for endangering my poor wee child and had all sorts of guilt.  (He was playing on the floor and my back was turned, he leaned forward and, because he's noggin' top heavy, toppled over and smacked his head on the edge of our bookcase)  I'm am happy to report that the guilt has been kicked to the curb.  I now realize that my son is a boy and will get into "trouble", he will get hurt and, I may not be able to prevent every injury, but I'm a watchin' him like a hawk now.

Guilt be gone....but....can I rant about the constant questioning about what happened to his face?  Pretty much every time Liam and I are out an about he gets the ooooooooooo's and awwwwwwww's and the oh he's so cute's.  Then almost immediately after I get a concerned look and "oh what happened to his eye?"  I often wonder if they expect me to say that I beat my child or that I let him run wild...definitely not the obvious....he had an accident.  So in order to not go crazy every time I'm asked this question, Rob and I came up with silly answers to start giving when asked what happened.  The key is to make sure all of the below potential answers are said with a straight face...not sure I'll be able to, but it was hilarious coming up with them.  Seriously I was crying when we did this...laughing so hard.  Hind sight may not be that funny to everyone else.  :  )


1 ~ "The first rule of baby fight club is never talk about baby fight club."

2 ~ "Baby botox treatment gone bad."

3 ~ "He doesn't get along with our pet chicken."

4 ~ "His daddy is very serious about his dodgeball."

5 ~ "He loves to play in the air ducts."



We tell him all the time that chicks dig scars.  Have a happy accident free weekend!  
Vote for us??



2 comments:

  1. Just found you on the Alexa blog hop. My little guy is a preemie so he's a small for his actual age. Anytime anyone asks me how old he is, almost immediately the concerned "Oh he's SO small!!" comments start. And they look at me like I'm not feeding him or something. Then I say "oh well he's a preemie," that usually makes it worse. Now I'm a crackhead or something who doesn't feed their baby. I can relate big time. I really like your answers though. I should start telling people he's a baby clone or something.

    ReplyDelete