1. Home projects
Since becoming a home owner it seems like there is always something we'd like to change, re-do or add to, etc (even though we built our home a mere 5 years ago). This is the wannabe decorator coming out, also it doesn't help that I'm addicted to HGTV (secretly I aspire to become Sarah Richardson). First on my list is find wallpaper for our kitchen and fabric for the chairs. I find our eating area lacks pizazz, not that it isn't functional, but I'd like to fully enjoy my daily eating experiences...Liam feels the same way. Also on the hunt for a piece of furniture to house the many toys that now lay around our basement. I'm thinking something vintage...and afternoon of antiquing is necessary.
![]() |
| stuck in builder's beige blahhhhhhh |
2. Finding Childcare for Liam
Unfortunately this is a must...sadly I have to return to work at the end of August, my year is up. I feel super lucky that I get to hang out with him, but I'm dreading the day that I have to leave him in the care of someone else. That being said, I am happy about the choice of day home we will be sending him too. It was pretty obvious to us that Liam would be okay with Audrey (day home momma) when he allowed her to pick him up at first meeting (please note that Grampa doesn't get this pleasure...he gets crying and tears). But....I get to hang out with the little dude for a few more month yet, woo hoo.
3. I'm reverting back into a teenager going through puberty?
W....T......F!! My skin has totally broken out this past week, is this hormone related? Post pregnancy related? Or am I just lucky enough to be in my early 30's and still getting pimples? Okay, okay, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic...but still. And actually yes, it is due to post pregnancy hormones or rather lack of nursing hormones. Liam is nursing less these days and as a result my hormones are a changin' (brought to my attention by another mommy friend) I think he nurses more for soothing than for sustenance, has he started weaning himself already??? I'm torn about how I feel about this, on one hand "yay...I have my body back for me" on the other "my baby boy is growing up way too fast".
4. Needin' some fresh ruffage
Oooooooo I can hardly wait until mid May to get my veggie seedlings into the garden. I planned ahead this year and started my seeds indoors so we will actually be able to harvest all the wonderfully delicious veggies. Lookin' forward to this year's garden yummies...carrots, peas, beets, zucchini, lettuce, green beans, basil, parsley and chives. Perhaps next year we'll add more??
![]() |
| soon to be zucchini and beets... |
5. Party like it's 2011....baby style
I've totally got Liam's first birthday party on the brain. I think it might be because many of the blogs I read have been posting a lot about their little ones birthday parties. I'm not going to lie, I already have a mini list (okay so it's not that mini) of ideas and things I'd like to do for his party. Ya ya, I know he won't even remember it, but we will right? And really, isn't the first birthday party all about the parents anyway? I came across a great birthday website (here) that has given me a ton of ideas (going to do as much of it DIY as I can). Also Spearmint Baby featured a post about a first birthday party on Thursday and added fuel to the fire.
♥ wishin' ya a wicked weekend





No comments:
Post a Comment