1. Lost & Found, by Oliver Jeffers
Liam got this book as a baby shower gift. It is such a cute story, as are many of them by Oliver Jeffers (we also have How to Catch a Star and The Incredible Book Eating Boy). It's about a boy, a penguin, and the South Pole....'nuf said without ruining the whole book.
2. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, by Dr. Seuss
This was one of my favourites growing up...it's actually a long story, we often don't finish it. I bought it shortly after I found out I was pregnant. Because we didn't find out the sex of the baby, books were the only thing I could buy and know it didn't matter if they were gender specific...I could get all the books I wanted.
3. Buford the Little Big Horn, by Bill Peet
We have quite a Bill Peet collection starting. Bill Peet is Rob's favourite childhood author and he was dead set on ensuring we had these stories to read to Liam. There are many many Bill Peet books, but Liam seems to really like this story. Once again the story is a little longer, took 3 days to read the first time (think that was because Liam was more interested in nursing though).
4. Click, Clack, Moo and More, by Cronin and Lewin
This by far is my favourite book. It was a Christmas gift from Liam's Auntie Gram (my aunt) and is so totally funny and fun (just like she is). It has 3 separate stories all in one book and involves cows that use typewriters, a duck that wants a diving board and pigs that do an interpretive dance at a talent show....you know the usual.
5. The Going to Bed Book, by Sandra Boynton
Let's face it....any of her books are fantastic and I could have put any one of them down (we have 8 including the Barnyard Bath). The stories are cute, short and sweet.....and as an added bonus Liam can throw them and chew on them, they're pretty much indestructible.
There you have it folks...enjoy a fantastic chocolate bunny filled long weekend!!
Happy Easter!!







Ooohh...love this Friday Five! We also have a ton of Sandra Boynton's books. Evan's favorites are But Not the Hippopotamus and Barnyard Dance.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter to you and your family!
Happy Easter to you guys too!!
ReplyDelete