Thursday, April 28, 2011

don't feed the animals

Bought a zoo pass last summer, just after Liam was born.  I think we made it to the zoo twice...whatever, didn't by the pass for last year.....it's so much more fun to go to the zoo now.  Liam is actually aware of the animals, instead of sleeping through the entire trip.

Liam's zoo experience last summer...

So on Monday morning we packed up and left for the zoo, zoo, zoo...other people came too, too, too.  Met up with Andria and baby, and Sam and her child entourage.  The weather was amazing, best day we've had yet, woo hoo 16 C!  First stop was Africa...the new baby giraffe was out and Liam got to see his first hippo up close.  Also did some baby wearing, I haven't had Liam in the Bjorn in awhile, not something I used when it was -20 C outside.  Pretty sure he enjoyed himself, I loved it.  I'm going to be a little sad when I can't wear him anymore...but really do look forward to chasing him everywhere.


baby giraffe...baby anything is uber cute

spot the giraffe??




Wandered to the elephants and smelly camels...




Had some lunch and then we headed home (did I mention that Liam had a 2 1/2 hour nap??)  I have no qualms about only spending a couple of hours at the zoo and then leaving...we can't do full day trips.  And really, the pass has already paid for itself and.....we have all summer to enjoy.  Am I really trying to justify??  : )

3 comments:

  1. Aw...looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!

    I found your blog through an Alexa hop and am now following you on GFC. I'd love it if you could stop by http://moneysavvymichelle.com and follow me back. Thanks and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete