Friday, May 20, 2011

friday's five: a camping we will NOT go

Boooo, we were supposed to finally go camping this weekend...but due to rain in the forecast AND a provincial fire ban we are not : (  I guess the fire ban is some what acceptable seeing as there are over 100 wildfires currently burning. True...we could go and not have a fire, but what fun would that be?   So, seeing as we are not headed to the mountains I'm dedicating this weeks f's 5 to things the "livin' the dream" family associate with camping...



photo from www.caplanmiller.com

S'mores 
 by far one of THE best parts of camping!!
2 parts graham cracker
1 part fire roasted marshmallowy goodness
1 or 2 or 3 parts melted chocolate
how could you go wrong with such tasty deliciousness?



Camping...with a furnace?
last year, right after Liam was born, we bought ourselves this rockin' tent trailer.  before the farf came into our world Rob and I would tent it.  but, now...we camp in style, with a furnace!!  definitely a step up from our Tarn 3 (our little green tent)



Camp fires
yup this is the reason we aren't going camping this weekend.  it is a must for us, there is nothing better than sitting around a blazing pile'o'wood in the middle of a forest. throw in some smores and a guitar and it's perfection at it's best.  with an inferno like this you ask if a furnace is really necessary?  answer: yes!!


Camping in the Mountains
we love getting out of the city and escaping to scenery like this...and where we live, it's only minutes away!



Seeing bears...
no not really...but I'd be all over a bear if I saw one this cute!   introducing Liam to the great outdoors is my new favourite part of camping.  i'm actually super disappointed that we aren't going now.  Liam was so little when we went last year and I'm excited about everything he'll get into, pinecones, leaves, dirt, sleeping with bears...you know the usual.  

here's hoping the fire ban is lifted next weekend
 happy {non-firey} weekend



4 comments:

  1. Stupid fire ban!!! I want camping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya about not camping without a campfire...what on earth is the point?? We decided not to go too.

    Remember the s'mores made with two chocolate coated cookies? Those were the bomb.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had me at s'mores. arguably THE best thing about camping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. all this talk of s'mores is making me even more sad that we didn't go camping...perhaps we could use our gas fire place?? good call on the chocolate coated cookies jess, they were the bomb!

    ReplyDelete