Tuesday, July 19, 2011

the greatest outdoor show on earth

That would be the Stampede of course. For those not in the know here the "coles notes" explanation.  Every July our city becomes a centre for all things cowboy related.  We have a rodeo, chuck wagon races, midway, more deep fried food then one possibly needs, hay bales lining the outside of buildings and all the beer drinking necessary to kill your liver.  And it lasts for 10 days!

Usually I avoid the Stampede, having attend many years and killed my liver more times then I can count. But this year we decided to don our western-ish attire and show Liam the Stampedin' ways (minus the excessive beer drinking).  Liam did well for his first Stampede.  He lasted a whole 3 hours before the non-nap cranky mcfussy-pants baby showed up. This was ample time to consume the following: (did I mention all the bad for you food that's available?) deep fried oreos (amazing), corn dog (a Stampede must), deep friend mac'n'cheese (meh), the husband had a root beer, then we each had a our token Stampede beer.  Of course there was some major walking needed to burn all the deep fried-ness off, so we wandered the grounds in search of the human canon ball, the super dogs and farm animals for Liam.  All in all, I would say that Stampede this year was a success and a lot of fun with our farf in tow.






root beer & deep fried mac'n'cheese

mmmmm deep fried oreos






Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment