First ~ Lately I've had some blog related things on my mind, namely what to do with this blog and what direction I want to take it. This morning I stumbled across some blog tips that Mandy from She Breathes Deeply posted yesterday. It got me thinking about if I wanted to grow my blog readership. I think what really struck a cord with me was when she wrote that in order to grow readership it "will be a part time job". I'm not sure if that is the direction I want to take. My year of maternity leave is up at the end of August and that means that going back to work full time is a looming reality. Will I have enough time to blog when working all day then come home and spend as much quality time as I can with my two guys? Perhaps this requires some more figuring out and maybe that decision will have to wait until work starts again.
Second ~ In case you didn't notice...I did some changes to the 'ol blog. Loved the old header but it was time for something new...that photo was taken a year ago so it was time to update. I'm diggin' the new look. And I finally figured out how to create some fancy-ish side buttons for some links.
Third ~ I'm currently loving all the style blogs that I've come across and started following. This has prompted the inevitable question of including something style/fashion related. I'm just not sure what or how I want to incorporate it into this blog. I've been inspired by some really fashionable ladies lately (Kendi Everyday, The Daybook, Sunday Crossbow, Expecting Chic, My Greatest Hits, J's Everyday Fashion, Cupcakes and Cashmere, and honestly many more). I've also been rediscovering my wardrobe and I feel like I'm finally coming into my own in terms of my "style". Any thoughts on this? Advise? Would people be interested in a weekly/occasional style blurb on Livin' the Dream?
Fourth ~ I have a love of food. I love to bake it. Cook it. Eat and enjoy it. So I have made a decision to include more "Good Eats" on a regular basis. Why not share my love of food with the world?
And finally just because it's random and fits me to the T......
So there is it. Just putting those random thoughts out to the world.
Have a happy Tuesday.




oh man, part time job is RIGHT. sometimes it's worth it, & sometimes i wonder what it would be like to go to bed before midnight.
ReplyDeleteI would love to see style "blurbs"! I really like "mommy blogs" that are well rounded and include more than just "stuff about your kid". Obviously, that's the main focus but it's nice to see some cute outfits too. It always motivates me to try a little harder when I'm getting ready.
ReplyDeleteBlurbs are good! I always like it when there's other stuff besides baby, though baby is always good too : )
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the mention! I follow a lot of the blogs you mentioned as well. I may be biased, but I totally think you should include some fashion. A mama should never neglect herself! Also, to chime in on the "part-time job" truth to blogging - I work full time and yes, blogging does take dedication. But if you love it, it truly can be a positive outlet (and a lot of the time, way more fun than work that pays the bills). It will become part of your routine. Nice to blog-meet you! And your little one is simply adorable!
ReplyDelete