Monday, March 07, 2011

X-treme Mountain Mommas

Happy Monday...we're all geared up for another week of adventures.  Our weekend to Fernie was a success!!  Not that I had any doubts it wouldn't be, but you never know with a wee one in tow.  We haven't been to the mountains, as a family, since New Year's when we went to Nelson, BC.  I'd forgotten just how much I love it in the winter, also reminded me that this is where I actually want to live year round.  Uh-oh...here we go again...potential place/time to make a major move??

Got to our friend's place in the evening, after fighting our way through rush hour (yet another reason to move to a mountain town...no rush hour).  Perfect timing because Liam was pretty much ready for a meal and then off to bed.  Which meant time for Rob and I to unwind, have dinner and a couple beers with our friends, P and SJ (also parents to 2 beautiful babes, 4 year old G and Baby O).  Early Saturday morning the husbands headed out to the ski hill for a day of shredding the gnar, snowed about 100 cm in Fernie since last Monday.  This left the Mommas and entourage free to head out for some snowshoe action.

Getting ready to snowshoe



I have to admit I've only been snowshoeing once, way back when I was in girl guides like 20 years ago. We had a wicked time!!  Packed Liam in a MEC baby backpack carrier, he wasn't to keen at first but once we got moving he passed out and had a nap in nature.  SJ and I had so much fun on Saturday we headed out for a Momma only snowshoe on Sunday morning.  It was great...found some super rad spots and we even packed a couple bevies to enjoy on a sunny snowbank along the way (it was 5'o'clock somewhere right??)

Blue bird sky.

Our figure 8 snowshoe tracks down a steep hill.



I feel rejuvenated, like I actually had a weekend.  Saturday and Sunday often just feel like every other day, with the added bonus of Rob being around.  Nothing beats getting away for a few days as a fam. and hanging out with some great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment