This is a follow up post to 'Sometimes the going gets tough' {click here to read}. It's been a couple weeks since Liam and I ran away to Kelowna for a few days and now that we're back in our routine...man'o'man I now realize just how much I needed that break. Not only were both Liam and I able to get caught up on some much needed sleep {Rob too as there wasn't a cranky mc-fussy pants waking him up every 2 hours}, but I was able to get myself back in order. I have since realized that I don't actually have to do everything {believe it or not the world will continue if my house isn't clean...strange I know}. Rob and Liam don't really care if the house is vacuumed once a week or say...once every 2 or 3 weeks...right???
I also had some time to think about the things that I want. I know...how dangerously selfish of me to say that there are things I would like to do, and they don't necessarily involve my son or my husband. Why is it as women, we always tend to put everyone else above ourselves? Is it in our genetic code {I don't really remember doing this before having a child} or does it just switch on once we deliver our baby?? I love my family but I also love myself too...these can co-exist quite happily. I will continue to be a great Momma...a fantastic wife...but I can also work on myself, I mean won't that improve the Mommy'ing and wife'ing {two made up words, something to work on I guess} So, here are a few things that I have decided to with my "Me" time:
~ go back to Yoga once a week {already done...bought my pass and got my ass to class...I know...cheesy rhyming}
~ run my first race, all signed up for the Mother's Day 10 km run. Training in progress.
~ plant my vegetable garden again and enjoy the fruits of my labour {this is still subject to Mother Nature, keep you posted as to whether we are getting spring}
~ actually read a book.....and finish it {I have a tendency to start but not finish a book, this can be problematic because I never know how it ends}
~ blog and not feel guilty about it. Working on this one...still feel guilt now and then, but I am really enjoying it {blogging, not guilt}...it's an outlet and I love sharing and reading about the trials and tribulations of parenthood.
~ and finally continue to love my Liam, my Rob and my life...because I do, even on the shitty days {both literal and not}
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Good for you! I think it takes time to go from no baby, to baby, to realizing one can have their own life a bit. It's only been the last 2-3 weeks that I've gotten a bit of myself back (knitting and reading mostly). It feels so nice!
ReplyDeleteOne thing we've done is got a cleaning service to come in every other week. Definitely worth the money to not worry about general cleaning!
Cleaning.... wait I thought that was fun. HA! Good call on the yoga and the race! Enjoy!!!
ReplyDelete