Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday's Five: 5 Days in Kelowna

So this week Liam and I ran away to Kelowna...Momma needed to get re-acquainted with sleep and get her emotions back in check. (I definitely feel rested and back in my "normal" frame of mind and emotion).  Not only was I able to catch up on some much needed sleep but Liam and I spent some quality fun time together and he got to see his Auntie Gram (my Aunt).  So here it is, our 5 days in Kelowna...


1.  Monday:  It was a rainy day...no problem here, I love the rain and I've missed it after the long snowy winter in Calgary.  The rain didn't stop us though, we headed out to the park for Liam's first swing.  He loved it (I had to shove a blanket in the seat so he would actually fit in).  Guess we'll have to find a park close to home that has baby swings. 


2.  Tuesday:  Liam and I started our day off by crawling into be with my Aunt.  Had some coffee and Liam played with the remote control for the TV.  This seems to be his new favourite toy, guess every man has a thing for holding the remote.  We headed out downtown for a little shopping.  Found a wicked vintage store (Frocks Vintage Clothing) on Pandosy....tried on a few things, but alas none fit :(  Got Liam a really cute sweater from Olive and Elle.  Great store and such friendly staff, thought Liam was the cutest and when told about the "bookcase incident" laughed and said they'll be more to come....oh great, can't wait.


Can't wait until Liam can wear this!


3.  Wednesday:  Started today with coffee in bed with my Aunt again...Liam is having a great time with it.  I think he wants his own cup...perhaps it's too early to start coffee???  Headed out to my Aunt Candy's (not really my Aunt, a great family friend that's known me since I was Liam's age).  Also, went back to the Water Garden, a store downtown on Ellis St. to get a hat I tried on the day before, should'a just got it then...super cute.  Liam and I went back to the park...he discovered pebbles.  They entertained him for.......minutes, he was so cute while he was playing with them. 


Yes...that is the new hat



4.  Thursday:  Today was a lazy day, we didn't do anything or go anywhere.  I love days like this, get up and have a lazy breakfast, some play time and before we know it...nap time.  Liam's Great Gramma stopped by for a quick visit, too bad he was a super cranky baby when she came by.  Poor Liam...I believe we have our first tooth upon us.  He had a constant stream of drool coming out of his mouth and developed a fever late in the afternoon.  Here's hoping we have our first pearly white.



5.  Friday Morning:  What a long night!!  Liam's tooth is poking through, here's hoping we only have one more long night.  We had coffee and breakfast with my Aunt this morning before heading off to the airport.  The flight was pretty good, Liam had a little bit of a nap, I mean really the flight is only 45 minutes so...  Just want to say a huge thank you to my Aunt and Uncle for having us out to "recover".  I'm feeling a million times better then when I left on Sunday.  It appears that the giant ball of emotion is gone.        

Poor red cheeked baby...hope the tooth comes soon!!


♥ Have a Happy Weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling much better, and I hope Liam's tooth pops through very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hat!!!! glad you've had a rest!!

    ReplyDelete