I figured this week's topic was very appropriate as Liam has been teething hardcore for the last week. I really feel bad for him...damn teeth, can't wait for them to cut through! He's a relatively happy guy during the day, but as soon as the sun goes down he turns into a crying, drooling mess of of unhappiness (seriously...it's as soon as he gets into his jammies...bizarre). He also has had a strange resemblance to one of Santa's elves all week, rosy cheeks and all. Based on this, here's 5 ways Rob, Liam and I survive teething.
1. Camilia (aka my new best friend in convenient single dose packaging) This stuff is amazing! It's a homeopathic medicine that helps to provide baby with relief from pain and restlessness associated with teething. It contains no alcohol, sugar, dye or preservatives and comes in handy dandy single dose units. I pick mine up from the organic grocery store (Amaranth or Blushlane)...although I haven't ever looked anywhere else.
2. Sucking on stuffed animals: Liam does this of course. He has a couple current favourites, Raffi (a giraffe blanket), he is partial to the corners and any of the limbs of Morris his Funky Monkey. Recently he has enjoyed sucking on the limbs of a skinny stuffed mouse. It is actually quite entertaining to watch him do this...then he realizes your watching, gets self conscious and stops.
3. A Soother: Liam has never taken a soother...to suck on. However, when used as a "chew toy" he goes to town. We did try to get him to take a soother the "normal" way, but really there is nothing normal about him so why would he? He just prefers a good chew now and then.
4. Cold damp cloth: I haven't tried putting one in the fridge...but chewing on a cloth soaked in cold water is by far Liam's favourite thing to do with the teeth are a ragin'. I think he also likes to just play with cloths in general, he has a great time with his after every meal.
5. Tylenol: When all else fails, a healthy dose of infant Tylenol usually does the trick. I'm more partial to using the grape flavour because it is dye free (I mean really why does infant Tylenol need red dye??) This last method has given Rob and I some much needed sleep this week. It just makes the hurt not hurt so much.
A friend recently told me that her daughter just got her last molars a couple weeks ago...she just turned 3. Awesome....really... really... awesome.
♥ Happy Weekend!
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Just fyi, I saw Camilia at Safeway today (and on sale). I use it for Levi too, it's great stuff. I also believe in dye-free tylenol, it does come in cherry too!
ReplyDeleteI think teeth number 5 & 6 are just about to poke through for Levi, we haven't been doing much in the way of sleeping for the past week or so.
But, on the upside it does get easier... the teeth that come later on seem not to bug them as much as the first few.