Monday, June 06, 2011

our summer bucket list


We are pretty much in the midst of summer here.  I'm so happy that I still have 3 months left on my maternity leave (I go back to work full time as of September...so sad).  With that 3 months I feel that I should make the absolute best use of my time at home with Liam...especially since the weather should be glorious.  I saw this summer bucket list idea on momma b & baby boy, such a great idea!!  Bethany inspired me to do up a list of our own.  Totally sidetracked me from what I should be doing...housework, laundry, weed the garden, etc...but who wants to do all that boring stuff anyways?

So here is our summer bucket list...

~ have a bbq in Bowness park
~ meet Rob downtown for a picnic lunch (on a work day) in the park
~ take more photos
~ make rhubarb popsicles
~ eat strawberries from our garden
~ play in the paddling pool in the backyard
~ make frozen fruity drinks
~ go to pick your own fruit farms
~ visit family in the okanagan
~ go to the zoo
~ eat breakfast outside in the garden
~ throw a summer ADULT ONLY dinner party (sorry Liam)
~ go to the neighbour hood kiddie pool with friends
~ eat ice cream...introduce Liam to his first ice cream cone
~ run through the sprinkler
~ go on our first family vacation
~ spend a week at the beach
~ celebrate my birthday and Liam's first birthday
~ celebrate 4 years of marriage
~ go rafting down the elbow river
~ go to greatest outdoor show on earth, The Stampede
~ get a glimpse of Will & Kate when they visit our city in July
~ bake a fresh fruit pie
~ camp, camp, and camp some more
~ go on many'a bike ride
~ eat s'mores
~ play in the park
~ drink ice lattes on the patio
~ read both newly purchased books (something borrowed & the help)
~ one year family photos with Liam
~ go to Shakespeare in the park
~ go to an outdoor concert
~ go to family movie night in the park
~ take Liam for his first hike
~ get a pedicure
~ frequently visit the farmer's market
~ go mini golfing on vacation
~ build sand castles
~ picnic in the mountains
~ watch the Canada Day fireworks

Pretty sure that'll keep us busy for the summer
...but I'm sure we'll think of more.


Can we get some love?
Just 2 clicks of the mouse
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful! You've inspired me to do the same!

    ReplyDelete