Thursday, September 22, 2011

fourteen


Happy fourteen months little dude.  I seriously can't believe that this time last year I was a new mom and my baby boy was already two months old.  Things are definitely a lot different now!  Liam has become such a little boy, no longer a baby ... but not quite a toddler yet.  He inspects, handles, and is fascinated with absolutely everything.


Liam at fourteen months:

~ he is starting to want to do everything on his own.  He's finally drinking from his big boy cup, totally prefers a straw cup to a sippy cup.  I'm now thankful that he never took a bottle because we had no transition time.
~ he's figured out that Mommy and Daddy use utensils to eat with ... so now he wants them too.  Huh-lari-ous to watch him eat yogurt with a spoon.  More of it ends up on his face, in his hair and on the floor then ever in his mouth, but he's so proud.
~ still walking assisted but has realized that he can actually stand on his own without help, so I'm sure walking is not far off.
~ Liam's actually crawling.  He slithered for so long I though that was his form of crawling.  Turns out it was just easier to do that on our hardwood floors.  Who knew???
~ He's such a tiny guy, but we've actually graduated to 12 month clothing.  Truth be told ... he was wearing 6-9 month pants until a couple weeks ago.
~  We've got some words starting to show, besides the basic mama and dada.  He points to cats and dogs and says "Ca!" or "Awg!".  More often than not it's "awg".  I'm sure that a dog is in our future, perhaps very near future.
~ and he loves ... absolutely loves to give kisses.  Wet, slobbery kisses.

I still can't believe that my sweet little babe is turning into a little man so quickly!

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

3 comments:

  1. He has got just the cutest smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little guys could probably swap wardrobes. I finally felt confident that I could put all the 6-9 month clothes away a couple weeks ago. And JC is 16 months old today!

    ReplyDelete