Thursday, December 06, 2012

saw it. pinned it. did it. ~ noel

well another week and another pinterest craft has been completed.  i feel a bit like martha stewart over here.  then again, perhaps not.  i'm not all that interested in insider trading.  but when it comes to super easy do-it-yourself noel signs ... well sign me up (pun was definitely intended).  i've always wanted a sign like this before, however in our old house there was no room.  no where to put it out and no where to put it away.  now that we're in the new house i finally have a place for a sign like this and the storage to house it the other eleven months.  the husband is not too happy about this ... just means we're going to need more and more and more christmas decorations.  'tis the season right?

original pin


materials:

four letters to make 'noel' ~ got mine at michaels $6.99/each (the cashier asked me what i was making with letters that spell 'lone'.  he looked totally confused when i told him they also make the word 'noel')
red craft paint
paint brush
glue
cardboard to attach the letters together (i cut out tabs big enough to connect all the letters together then glued them on)






eat your heart out martha.


10 comments:

  1. I love the POP of red it adds to your room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I LOVE this! And it looks amazing on your mantel! I think I might have to add this to my craft list as well! Over from the link up! :)

    XoXo, Stormy

    lifesadanceyoulearnasyougos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like yours better than the original pin!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I might have to do this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eat your heart out Martha! Girl after my own heart ;) HAHA Um, yours looks AMAZING. I'm obsessed!

    Thank you for linking up girly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recently found your blog & love it! Hop over to my blog & find out more about an award that I nominated you for!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pop of red and pretty much that entire room! Your fire place is stunning!

    ReplyDelete