Okay so it was Liam's 13 month "birthday" last Wednesday ... I know I'm a little behind. Things are moving a little quickly around here. I go back to work in t - minus 7 days people. I'm now realizing just how much I'm NOT looking forward to it. I miss Liam a ton when he is at the day home and am spending as much time as possible hanging out with my little dude. We've been accomplishing a lot over the last week and I'm even considering keeping him home all day tomorrow just to have a little more mommy baby time. Is that selfish? I think not. Anyways here is a quick update as to what is new and exciting in the world of our 13 month old babe...
~ we've begun to walk ... assisted. Liam is all about walking everywhere and mommy has to come with (as I am his walker). I spend my days hunched over as we explore the backyard, every nook and cranny of the house and basically everywhere else in between. I
~ his curiosity is amazing. I analyzes everything, constantly asks "wasss yasss" (translation: what's this?), points to things he wants to touch, move, look at, play with, figure out, put in his mouth. I love it! Everything is so new.
~ it is all about the animals. Liam is obsessed with cats and dogs. It is so funny and ridiculously cute when he sees either. He goes nuts and will do just about anything just to get closer to them and "pet" them. In other words bash them on the head until he gets a reaction from them. He also loves getting kisses from puppies. I think a dog will be in our future ... very near future?
~ his current favourite toy is his weeble bus, but he only plays with the red weeble. Seriously, if the yellow weeble is anywhere in sight he'll stop playing, crawl over to it and throw it so it is outta' sight.
~ he's been doing some growing and we are now nearing the end of his 6 - 12 month clothing (when and got him some super cute fall clothes on the weekend)
~ Liam's finally learned to say mum mum mum mum mum mum mum mum, all day long. I love it. For awhile there it was only about dadadadadadadadadadada. ; )
~ he claps, waves and gives a high five to anyone willing.
Can't wait to see what new things he does this month. Perhaps he'll walk on his own. Happy Monday!




Oh, exciting on the walking! And yes, the "mum mum mum" thing is fun, isn't it? The other day I swore Evan said Mama to me, but I'm guessing it was just a coincidence.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your last few days with him! And once you get back to work, it won't be AS bad as when you're at home and he's away. (((hugs))) it's tough!
Happy 13 month bday Liam! Sounds like he's doing a lot of the same things my little guy is doing. CONSTANTLY pointing at everything saying "DAT!" Get yourself a good massage once he starts walking on his own. Your back will thank you.
ReplyDelete