Thursday, January 10, 2013

saw it. pinned it. did it. ~ stairway to heaven

so the way i figure, if i do a pinterest project, recipe or outfit once a week then it would take me a million years to do everything that i've been pinning.  i think i might have a pinterest problem.  the first step is admitting you have a problem right?  i just keep telling myself "pin it anyways.  who knows ... you could live to be a million."  pinterest did provide the inspiration for our stairway to heaven the second floor, so it can't be all bad.  found this pin awhile ago and had been dying to get it done.


                                                                             Source: mochatini.org via MJ on Pinterest


i absolutely love how the photos are placed closely to the baseboard.  unfortunately this is not very toddler friendly.  and we also have a partial railing (may be taken out later) that prevents doing that anyway.  when we started building our current home i wanted to make sure that we had a place to put family photos.  and the stairway seemed perfect.  the plan is to up date the photos at least once a year with family pictures, vacations, whatever.  but they'll always be of something related to us.  as a family.

here's what the space looked like before.  an empty blank canvas.




i used these frames from ikea.  we originally had three of them in our living room of the old house.  but this space needed more than three.  so we got six more, had six new photos printed, kept the original three of liam when he was six weeks old, a hammer, nails, said a few f-bombs because of inaccurate measuring and volia.




i love how it turned out. amazing what a few photos and frames can do.
i smile every time i come up the stairs ... even if i am carting a laundry basket.




9 comments:

  1. LOOKS SO GOOD!! I LOVE frames set up like this. it looks amazing. :) great job!

    Thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks SO GOOD!!! I don't have quite that size of wall in my stairwell, but I do have a set of stairs that needs some art going up! This could work...somehow! It looks awesome. Way to go on those straight lines. Everytime I tackle something like that I want to quit halfway through...it looks so level! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear a few f-bombs always helps in making the photos come out even. They look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Pinterest link...that looks soooooo good!! You did a fab job. Love the size of the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GO YOU! This is AMAZING!!! And can we talk about how precious your babies are?! I just wanna squish their adorable little cheeks!!

    Thank you for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect! Love the pics you chose : )

    ReplyDelete